Our client is a B2B supplier for the online gambling industry. Their business is expanding into a number of markets in Europe and beyond which are regulated by various Gaming Authorities.
The role of Compliance manager is key in ensuring compliance, quality and the reputation the client. As a Compliance Officer, you hold end to end responsibilities in managing compliance activities, monitor, track and communicate regulatory changes and developing trends of existing or future jurisdictions.
The Compliance Manager will work closely with different departments to determine when a regulatory change requires a different implementation to process, organization or product: platform and/or different product and content, as well as the necessary scope of that change.
The Compliance Manager is able to apply a business mindset and help resolve a range of queries, high-level concerns or specific problems relating to regulatory, product, operational or technical compliance.
We require a candidate who is experienced, passionate about resolving problems quickly and efficiently and who also can communicate clearly with a customer & product driven mindset.
Our growing presence and strong drive to conquer regulated markets is part of our strategy and sets high expectations on professionalism, diligence, and processes.
We are now looking for a Compliance Manager to join our product team to help drive new regulated market entries.
• Take ownership of the jurisdictional compliance function, stay on top of all changes and amendments to relevant regulations impacting client’s operations
• Ensure our portfolio of Games and our Back-Office systems comply with licensing and regulatory requirements and are fit to be operated by our customers
• Understand, monitor and review all regulatory developments, recognising areas which need improvements and acknowledging potential vulnerabilities
• Conduct various reviews, assessments, and investigations in accordance with the regulatory and internal/external requirements
• Identify any process, organization, operational product and/or technical areas potentially impacted by non-compliance, develop and oversee relevant remedial plans in collaboration with other departments
• Support internal staff and customers by providing interpretations of existing or new requirements, analysing their effect on product functionalities, processes and workflows and oversee any necessary software/system changes delivery
• Provide compliance advice in respect of existing and new regulatory requirements to support both business & product development functions
• Collaborate with release management to ensure new functionalities are implemented in accordance with specifications and timely delivered to customers
• Create and maintain compliance documentation, including product specifications, release notes, functional descriptions, and other ancillary materials
• Communicate with the licensing authorities and liaise with external advisors
• Provide day to day support to internal and external stakeholders on any compliance issues
The above duties give an overall picture of the day to day responsibilities. They are not exhaustive and additional duties may be assigned by the manager in line with business need.
• The person we are looking for is driven, service minded, responsible and self-motivated
• The ability to work collaboratively and independently as part of a professional team always seeking for the big picture
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position within the gaming industry
• Experienced with European regulated markets
• Experienced in completing compliance assessments across multiple departments and environments
• Able to take decisions and lay out contingency plans when faced with uncertainty/ambiguity
• Have a strong multi-tasking attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Very organized and detail-attentive while adopting a practical, flexible and hands-on approach towards role and responsibilities
• Able to adapt and deliver in a fast-moving environment
• Are passionate about gambling in general and gambling products in particular
• Project management experience
• Have the ambition to grow within a role and company
• Have B2B experience, technical background or tech/software company experience
• Have JIRA knowledge