Games Development Team Leader
At Monster Career we enjoy connecting smart professionals with new challenging projects! To do so, we’re cooperating with a company in the online games industry. With their highly performing games development center in Prague, they are not only games and interface designers, but also engineers of complete gaming business platforms.
Their team has around 100 people of over 27 different nationalities and their culture is based in multiculturality, flexibility and innovation. If gaming is one of your passions or if you are interested in working in this industry, we are open to meet you!
Let’s look at some extra technical information, but don’t forget to check the benefits out!
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Leading, building and organizing a software development team creating software solutions. The manager position is also a technical senior position and, therefore, builds on the job description normally used for the senior members of that team.
• Provide support and guidance to other developers across all development groups.
• Conducts periodic one on one meetings with his/her team members.
• Ensures clear direction is set for his/her team members.
• Provides support, feedback, coaching, and motivation to the staff in his team.
• Provides recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
• Maintain positive customer relationships with all internal departments and external stakeholders.
• Works with the Manager to identify career opportunities for team members.
• Encourage team members to properly resolve and mediates in any conflict that could affect teamwork.
• Responsible for planning of the projects assigned to his/her team: Task identification and estimation, resource assignment, risk analysis and technical proof of concepts.
• Responsible for the execution of the projects assigned to his/her team: Progress monitoring, risk control, issue management, constant communication about project status with relevant stakeholders.
• Responsible for the closure of projects of his/her team: Pre-Production testing, deployment, training or pass downs, project retrospective analysis, documentation generation related to the project.
• Responsible for making sure that his/her team follows the organization’s best practices.
• Works with the Manager to continuously improve and innovate the team’s best practices and tools.
• Works with higher management to continuously improve the existing code base to remove technical debt and implement innovative improvements in functionality, user experience, security or performance.
• Assist team members with onboarding knowledge, skills development, and continuous learning.
• Participates in the troubleshooting of technical issues.
• Drives the resolution of escalations and DEFCONs from production.
• Assists in emergency production issues as needed.
• Provides assistance to the team members as needed to identify the root cause of system problems.
• Capable of creating technical documentation and making presentations to customers and other stakeholders.
YOU CAN BRING TO THE TEAM YOUR:
• Working knowledge of Object-Oriented and/or Functional Programming
• Expertise in development and debugging of front-end web applications
• Expertise translating design assets into code.
• Working knowledge of common web development best practices.
• Working knowledge of web optimization strategies.
• 3+ years of technical team leadership experience directly related to the development of software.
• Knowledge of commonly-used management concepts, practices, and patterns.
• Strong level of English -both written and verbal.
• Game development is a plus.
YOU DESERVE TO RECEIVE:
• Full-time job in Prague with visa sponsorship and relocation support if required
• Flexible working hours, occasional home office
• Friendly working environment, offices with PlayStation, football table, stocked kitchen (snacks, fruits, vegetables, coffee, juices, etc)
• Unlimited paid vacation and 12 sick days
• Languages courses
• Private pensions savings contribution
• Meal vouchers, Multisport card
• Personal and professional development (training, courses, etc)
Give yourself the chance to develop your career and join a top employer, and if you feel is not the right job for you but you know someone for whom it can be, our referral program offers you a €100 Amazon Voucher.