Sr Ruby on Rails Engineer
The next step in your career could be joining a top-class global provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources that are carefully designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected these products!
Dublin, Riga English
About the company
This project is a cloud-based strategic sourcing solution that helps organizations source faster in their supply chain management and to achieve better business outcomes. It has an impact on delivering a comprehensive source-to-pay strategic sourcing offering, elevating the office of procurement in strategic importance, and transforming the procurement function.
The strategic sourcing solution transforms archaic sourcing processes with clean, intuitive software that helps buyers and suppliers do business more effectively and with fewer headaches.
The teams are growing, and you are welcome to join either in Dublin – Ireland, or in Riga – Latvia.
Tech stack: Ruby on Rails, React and Redux with ES6 and SCSS, Sidekiq, Redis, ElasticSearch and WebSockets, PostgreSQL (willingness to drop from ActiveRecord to raw SQL when it makes sense), Elixir, Phoenix GraphQL, AWS.
About the team: There are currently 4 teams with 5 – 10 professionals in each. They are cross-functional and consist of QA, product people, front-end & back-end developers. People are located in Riga, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Overall, it’s one project and parts of it are called Features – Everyone is involved only in one Feature (simultaneously). You’ll be working in complex features and tasks, with a great opportunity to influence the development of the product.
• Each month we agree to milestones to deliver by the end of the month.
• We release to production once a week.
• Jira and Slack help us coordinate across continents and time zones.
• GitHub helps us improve each other’s code, and our well-tuned linter keeps reviews quick on style and heavy on substance.
• Our QA team works hard to catch issues, bugs, and cross-browser glitches before we merge a pull request into the mainline, and again before release in the weekly smoke test.
• CircleCI Enterprise gives us the power to continually improve our automated testing infrastructure.
You should bring to the team:
• At least 4+ years of software development experience.
• Minimum 2+ years RoR experience.
• Experience with unit testing.
• Proposals of a pragmatic solution to painful problems.
As an advantage:
• Experience (or interest in) data engineering, API design, or integrations.
• Experience (or interest in) event-driven architectures.
• Experience with Postgres and writing well-tuned queries.
• Experience with Elixir or Phoenix.
The offer includes:
• RSU – Restricted Stock Units in the worth of 52 000 – 87 000 EUR, which can be sold in the period of 4 years. This would equal an up to 20.000 EUR yearly bonus.
• Chances to grow individually from point of knowledge and opens as well new career perspectives.
• Great opportunity to influence the development of the product.
• Relocation package for you and your spouse and children (flights, luggage, paperwork, first-month apartment, support finding a permanent apartment).
• 23 holidays + public holidays.
• Healthcare insurance.
• Wellness benefit.