API Java Developer
We enjoy connecting smart professionals with new challenging jobs! To do so, we’re cooperating with a leader company in the consulting, technology services, and digital transformation fields, and they are eager to cooperate with you!
Prague, Praha English
Java Java Developer RESTful API
About the company
Type of cooperation: Freelancing/contract
You’d develop for one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with many years of success, quality, and innovation behind it.
The project: You’d be part of an international team working on a global technology organization that partners with a variety of businesses and functions. The Technology employs developers, business analysts, project managers and application management resources across the globe, and is organized into business and function-aligned teams. The global team has forged strong partnerships with the business and the infrastructure groups including: quantitative analysis, finance, operations, product control and risk management functions. The ethos of these teams is to create flexible, innovative, robust and well-engineered systems that are architected to support business growth and innovation.
You would be:
• Writing high-quality robust, reliable, and high-performance java code on the Linux-based platform running in openshift using the latest development tools and an Agile development approach.
• Working with technical leads, project managers and business analysts to analyse new business or technical requirements and find the appropriate technical solution.
• Follow all steps of the development lifecycle from analysis, design, implementation, unit tests, code reviews, automated and performance tests to final delivery of the solution into the production environment.
• Working effectively to deliver required functionality to the API cover platform.
• Working within a team of fellow developers as well as testers and participating in a culture of “knowledge sharing”.
• Delivering continuous improvement of the development environment.
Your skills and experience:
• Extensive experience in writing Java code for multithreaded server applications on Linux/Solaris or Windows is essential
• Past experience with Spring/Spring Boot, designing REST APIs and creating web services
• Excellent analytical and analysis skills, ability to investigate complex coding issues and navigate a large codebase is essential.
• Good communication skills and ability to participate in technical discussions within the development team, communicating any issues that have a project-wide scope to the necessary level is essential.
• Must be able to work with and participate within a small local team of people as well as a large professional team across multiple global locations.
• Adhering to internal risk and control objectives is essential
• Familiarity with continuous integration systems, version control systems such as GIT, build automation tools such as Maven.
• Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes/openshift and cloud technologies
• Previous work on a front office trading application.
• Experience gained in Foreign Exchange Cash & Options, Money Markets, or Investment Banking.